Alum Check-In Day 5
August 20, 2017
- Paired with Christian Ternus on making my own chat server. The whole thing is more complicated than I originally thought and I easily get stuck on bugs I don’t really understand.
- Had dessert with Allie Crevier while pairing on her starfield project!
Hung out a lot! Went to the woman’s dessert, then an excellent concert suggested by Kate Ray, then the movie night followed by delicious Korean BBQ, then touristed around Greenpoint, then watched Game of Thrones (hmm, the plot makes me suspicious) and Skyped a friend. It was pretty fun but it’s time to get to work now.
There are couple workshops I want to do, in addition of advancing my own projects.
I want to attend:
- The Rust workshop with Raph Levien.
- Watch the partial eclipse at Wesley’s.
- Go to the Security Chat organized by Christian.
I would also like to:
- Casually advance my understanding of low-level stuff by reading Nicole Orchard’s excellent blog post on compilers (done)!
- Do some deep thinking about some Haskell code someone sent me for an academic project, googling and asking questions as necessary.
- Maybe pair again on the networking if there’s time (or read documentation carefully if no one’s available). This set of bugs is so unfamiliar to me!