Check-in Day 5
May 30, 2017
- Worked more on that posture blog post with Naomi Saphra, cross-checking things, and worked on my setup and posture.
- Talked about my research to Saul Pwanson and briefly mentioned it to a couple people, which put me in the mindset of thinking about how I want to approach my math interest from a coding/algorithms perspective this summer.
- Pair programmed with Saul Pwanson on remapping my keyboard, and got into a great rabbit-hole about memory hierarchy. Almost done with a blog post on this.
- Learned more about Bitcoin from this online class.
- Audited jobs day.
- Got to know a couple RC people and their interests. In particular, talked to Sabelo Mhlambi about our shared interest in cryptocurrency. Looking forward to collaborating on our individual Bitcoin projects.
- Met up with Adam Kaye at AWS to learn more about his Bitcoin wallet project, and realized that what I wanted to do was work on understanding and implementing the protocol in Python.
AWS down a couple blocks is a great free space to work in by the way. If you’re loving RC and want to be able to continue with a similar physical setup, I recommend checking it out. Bumped into some alums there!
- Wrap up those blog posts before I forget the information.
- Start producing code for my Bitcoin protocol project.
- Leave earlier. My schedule has been starting to be off. I leave late at night, and then don’t have much energy in the morning. I feel much more productive when I’m on a more regular schedule.