Check-In Day 43
August 4, 2017
- Got stuck on how mocking works for class methods, paired with Rudi Chen who explained to me why I need to mock the whole class before changing a method.
- After reading documentation carefully and testing different things I got the thing I wanted to happen to work!!! (mocking an elliptic curve class mehod into a seeded elliptic curve class method).
- Refactored my raytracing code with the help of Veit Heller.
- Had a very educational conversation with Indra Gupta about how to structure packages.
- Reviewed Veit’s blog post
- Pair with James Routley on webscraping.
- Experiment with hypothesis testing. Dan Luu’s blog post on why software is so buggy convinced me this is very worth my time. I felt uneasy with unit testing anyway…I don’t trust myself (or humans in general) to not accidentally cherry-pick examples.