Check-In Day 46: Never Graduate Day
August 10, 2017
On this day of Never Graduate, I am literally not graduating from RC. As I said in a previous post, I’ll be staying for another half-batch because I like it so much here.
I’m going to miss everyone who was here. This place is really carved by the people who are here with the expert guidance of the RC faculty. This place has taught me to value myself and others more that I could imagine. It’s taught me there’s so much fun in asking and giving help with the simple expectation it’s helping build a better community. I feel like I’ve been part of something special and unique. I’m looking forward to keeping in touch with my fellow RCers over the years, all over the world.
Unto the check-in.
These past few, I’ve been mostly hanging out with people. Specifically,
(What ended up happening)
- Did someone professionally hard.
- Met with Nancy for jobs.
- Plotted about presentations.
- Allie Crevier and I had a super fun double-pairing situation where we switched in-between her teaching me how to webscrap and us collaborating on her stars animation.
- Got into unit test writing mode, realized that I wasn’t thinking about the tests meaningfully, started refactoring my code and took a mental note of the situation.
- ALMOST NOT MISSED A SINGLE DAY OF CHECK-INS MONDAY-THURSDAY!!! WHOO.
- Gone to Feelings Check-In.
- Had a good discussion with Joshua Hudelson about our projects. I was thinking about refactoring my code to reflect usage pattern, and sort of got unstuck on how to do that for my specific case! Feel like I’ve leveled-up into starting to think about that stuff!
- Went to presentations.
- Went to the picnic.
- HUGGED EVERYONE WHO WAS LEAVING I HAD A QUALITY INTERACTION WITH. I’LL MISS YOU ALL :’)
Keeping track of days so tightly has given me the power to see every day as separate, a new opportunity. I got to see my incremental progress. It’s been really nice, and occasionally feels like a super power.
I think I want to continue doing these check-ins (RC alum edition – reset the counter to zero), and see how I feel about it :).