Check-in Day 10
June 7, 2017
- Jake proofread my blogpost on blockchains, and turns out I made some wrong assumptions. Learning!
- Installed a package from source while knowing that I was doing for the first time by pairing with Saul. The package didn’t work in the precompiled version, so it was a great opportunity to learn. I feel like I’ve made a lot of progress in terms of being more in control of my computer.
- Played more vim-adventures.
- Configured my vim and tried to write with it a bit.
- Got into a rabbithole about symlinks.
I feel like these past few, I haven’t produced much or even programmed that much. This is not what I expected would happen at all.
It turns out doing things the right way takes time learn. I’ve been banging on my limited tools a lot in the past, which gives immediate results but subpar ones in the long run.
It feels a little bad not to be doing “productive things” and not having too much to show this past week. On the other hand, I feel so much more comfortable and empowered with respect to my relationships with computers.
Time to read that White Paper again and to review and finish my blog post on blockchains!