Check-in Day 7
June 2, 2017
- Prepared and gave a practice talk on on growth in groups (which is field of research) to a couple RCers in preparation for the gscagt conference. Received useful feedback on my presentation.
- Pair programmed with Sukanya Aneja to code good periodic functions for her animation.
- Had a great exchange with Tim Babb on geometry, spaces, and why the lighting in animation movies has improved so much over the years. Tim is a lead engineer at Pixar and is both very knowledgeable and has an awesome library of very graphic examples for lots of concepts, which makes him a great educator.
- Focus on filling in blog posts and finishing the basic Goofycoin protocol.
- After a pleasant discussion with Indradhanush Gupta (who gave a great presentation on what happened when his Fork tutorial made the top of Hacker News), I decided it was very important to get a blog post in on Blockchain, so this is definitively on the list!
About my setup: I got this Magicforce 68 keyboard, and the keycaps are so ugly it makes it hard to focus. Arg!
PS: Need to leave earlyish to catch the train to Philadelphia.