Check-in Day 9
June 6, 2017
- Got much more comfortable with vim via Vim-Adventures. The power of vim is blowing my mind. I highly recommend it investing some time in the game!
- Got my blog post checked by Jake and realized I made an erroneous assumption about blockchains.
- Successfully installed something from source that gave out an error at first with the help of Saul. I’m really proud of this one!
Via the installation, I realized that installers are really complicated and its quite a miracle (with lots of money involved) to have the installers like we do in Mac. Also given how much programmers are paid, it’s amazing we have free open-source software of this quality.
- Installing packages from source got me curious about the stuff that goes on under the hood. Will talk to someone to learn more about this.
- Program, write, etc in vim+Colemak and see how I like it. Will take breaks to go on Vim Adventures if it gets too frustrating!